REMINDER: IF YOU SEE SMOKE OR FIRE, DIAL 911 IMMEDIATELY!
HEADLINE: Red Flag Warning issued April 04 at 4:27AM EDT until April 04 at 8:00PM EDT by NWS New York City - Upton
DESCRIPTION: ...CONDITIONS FAVORABLE FOR FIRE SPREAD......RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM THIS MORNING TO 8 PM EDT
THIS EVENING FOR SOUTHEAST NEW YORK...NORTHEAST NEW JERSEY...AND SOUTHERN CONNECTICUT...
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Red Flag Warning, which is in effect from 10 AM this morning to 8 PM EDT this evening.
* Affected Areas...All of southeast New York, northeast New Jersey, and southern Connecticut.
* Timing...Late this morning into early this evening.
* Winds...Northwest 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Highest winds across southern Connecticut.
* Relative Humidity...10 to 15 percent.
* Impacts...Gusty winds and very dry air will create conditions that may promote the rapid spread of wildfires if ignition occurs.
INSTRUCTIONS: A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are expected or occurring. A combination of strong winds, low
relative humidity, and dry fuels will create a significantly elevated fire growth potential.